Conservation and Restoration
No. 10 Mill Street & Mission Hall
|Project:||No. 10 Mill Street & Mission Hall, Newmarket, Dublin 8|
|BMP Role:||On this project, we provided full Quantity Surveying Services.|
|Description:||No. 10 Mill Street was built by the Brabazon family in the 1720’s and was often referred to as the Earls House. It is believed the Christian Brothers established a school on the site in 1819 and may have used the house as a residence. The Mission Hall was built in the 1890’s for the Irish Church Missions. Both buildings have significant historical importance in the Newmarket Area.|
The Mission Hall has been restored with significant conservation works to the existing fabric. The restoration works which have taken over 12 months were carried out by main contractor DHD Construction under the direction of Carrig Conservation Architects and Reddy Architecture.
No. 10 Mill Street is to be renamed Brabazon House and shall become the Head Office for the Teeling Whiskey Distillery who have developed their whiskey distillery and brand in Newmarket Square.
See More Projects Like This:
Share this Project